I am a Sydney-based graphic designer with over ten years of studio experience. With a passion for print, a keen eye for type and a fierce love of design as a medium for communication, I love to create beautiful and practical solutions with a minimum of fuss.
Past and present freelance clients include:
Women’s Agenda • Mahlab Media • Digital Chameleon • Private Media • Inner Sydney Regional Council • Readers Digest Australia
Connexus Financial • Sport Matters • AMPCo • MJA (Medical Journal of Australia)
2005-2010| Design Manager, LexisNexis Magazines Department:
- Design and layout of the Lawyers Weekly, Human Resources Magazine, Risk Management Magazine, the Australian Corporate Lawyer Journal and Lawyer2B Magazines.
- Management of team, including personnel and budget responsibilities
- Creative direction of all titles, including redesigns and ancillary products such as web site and marketing design as well as client advertising design.
- Work flow managing all design briefs through the team, managing freelance designers and photographers.
- Art direction and prop styling for photoshoots, working closely with photographers.
- Image creation for all magazines, adhering to house styles.
- Working with pre-press departments both internally and externally to ensure best print results. Final sign off on all printers proofs.
2003-2004 | Graphic Designer, LexisNexis Newsletters and Books Teams
- Design and production of Book covers for LexisNexis.
- Design and production of LexisNexis marketing material, both internal and external.
- Typesetting, design and production of LexisNexis legal newsletters.
2001-2003 | Junior Graphic Designer, HarperCollins Publishers
- Design and production of Book covers.
- Design and production of internal and external marketing materials including header boards, bookmarks, advertising materials and posters.
- Advanced Diploma Graphic Design, SIT Enmore Design Centre (TAFE) 1999-2001
- Certificate Design Fundamentals, SIT Enmore Design Centre (TAFE) 1997-1999
- Highly Commended: Magazine Cover of the Year 2009 Lawyers Weekly, “Just Kirby” Publishers Australia
- Winner: Graphic Designer of the Year 2007 Publishers Australia
- Winner: Graphic Designer of the Year 2006 Australian Business and Specialist Publishers Bell Awards
- Finalist: Graphic Designer of the Year 2005 Australian Business and Specialist Publishers Bell Awards